-
IHS Header

Interfaith Humanitarian Sanctum, Inc.

"You may only be someone in the world but to someone else you may be the world." - unknown
Abstract art in blue of compassion
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."

- Edward Everett Hale

How You Can Help Now! ...

The single most effective way to maintain the charity's objectives is by consistent funding. For example, each time someone donates $50.00, that will cover a night's lodging in many smaller hotels, or perhaps food for a day for a family of four, or perhaps gas money for their vehicle or a bus ticket from southern Virginia, West Virginia, or North Carolina.

When we receive a donation of $100-$200 monthly, that will provide for lodging and food money for a family of 2-4 people for 1-2 nights in most local hotels. It can also begin to supplement gas expenses or, for those without vehicles, local transportation costs.

On occasion a Medicaid patient who has just seen a doctor at the hospital cannot afford a prescription co-pay. We will seek to meet that very important need in due course. As the charity grows and hundreds are served, the ongoing need for funding is self-evident.

You've read our Vision Statement in this website. That project has far-reaching possibilities. Acquisition and then occupancy of a farm property within a 25 mile reach of the University of Virginia will create so many opportunities to truly humanize all efforts beyond bed and board. Take a moment and review the future vision once again. You may wish to have your donation designated for both immediate needs and for the building project. Internally, we expect to use 75 percent of undesignated donations for everyday assistance and to set aside the remaining 25 percent for the future purchase of the property and complementary projects. The decision as to how your donation is divided is solely up to you. This arrangement is merely offered for your consideration.

Please be aware that the officers of this charity are devoting extraordinary time to making this a productive venture. The Cleggs are also allowing a portion of their personal fees for weddings, funerals, memorials, etc. to be donated directly to the charity. Sam McLawhorn, manager of the website and all technical support freely devotes his full attention daily to these objectives and makes himself available for other charity support roles. There is really nothing part-time about making this charity effective. Making oneself available seven days a week is a very deliberate decision, and from our perspective, it will occupy the remaining active years of our lives. In addition, the advisors listed in this website are volunteering their expertise as needed. We expect that in due course, hundreds of others will seek to assist not only with funding but in other beneficial ways, especially when a location is established. The possibilities, as we often say, will make you smile.

Now that you have knowledge of how WE are helping and how YOU and YOUR BUSINESS can help, please review Donate Now for the very real steps to participate. Thank you for allowing all of us to make a substantial difference.

Interfaith Humanitarian Sanctum, Inc. - PO Box 163 - Palmyra, Virginia 22963
Telephone: 434.589.4864
Website: www.interfaithhumanitariansanctum.org
Email to:ihsanctum@gmail.com

©2014 Sammc Consultants, Inc., Sam McLawhorn, Lake Monticello, VA 22963 - 434.589.6363